The app features modern DSP core with traditional analog skin. It adopts the "Skeuomorphism" design philosophy to offer era-specific operational experience in working with analog audio devices. However, the underlaying engine works purely from digital domain after all, which does not have to adopt the analog measurement principes and yield strict identical readings. Typical tolerances across typologies of test instruments should be expected.
Minimum System Requirements
|| macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
Windows 10 (build 17763) or later (except Enterprise)
|| >2.4GHz with at least two cores
|| Must have stereo input and stereo output
How to Install:
The software is being distributed via App Store or Microsoft Store.
The best way to download and install the app is to use the OS built-in "Store" app (such as "App Store" on macOS or "Microsoft Store" on Windows 10+). A registered user account with Apple or Microsoft will be required to start. Although a transaction can be finished outside of the Store, e.g.: via a Web browser, the actuall download/install should be completed by using the OS built-in "Store" app. So, it is recommanded to do all the procedures by using the "Store" app.
Functions and Specifications
|| 21 spot sinusoidal plus pink noise and square wave
|| -80dB ~ +10dB RMS or Peak
(extendable to +30dB with physical input attenuator)
0dB = 1.0V (after calibration)
20Hz ~ 20kHz
| AC Volt
|| 10mV ~ 300mV, 0.1V ~ 1V
1V ~ 10V (with physical input attenuator)
20Hz ~ 20kHz
Requires calibration with an AC volt-meter as a reference
0.01% ~ 0.3%, 0.1% ~ 3%
400Hz or 1000Hz base frequency
|| 3000Hz or 3150Hz, ±3%
| Wow & Flutter
|| 0.01% ~ 0.3%, 0.1% ~ 3%
Quasi-Peak DIN 45507 weighted
WRMS DIN 45507 weighted
Spectrum display: 0.2 ~ 100Hz, with periodicity estimation
| -100dB ~ -10dB, IHF-A weighted
| 10 ~ 20kHz (extendable to 26kHz upon digital sample rate)
-100dB ~ +10dB
Gaussian white noise
Sweep frequency (asynchronous)
|| Ellipse figure with time stabilizer
|| Two channel, non-quantitative
| Meter Ballistics
|| RMS: 300mS
Peak: 10mS raise, 2000mS fall
1. This app is by no means a replacement of laboratory grade instrument.
2. This app is intentionally designed in favour of simplicity without excessive configurability.
3. This app operates in two switchable modes: Basic and Scope.
4. The Basic mode is the primary working mode. Its UI panel may be unfamiliar to new users at first. But the same ergonomics has been repeatedly proven in the former practices decades before this app.
5. The Scope mode is a GUI add-on that displays complex measurement results in 2-dimensional plots. It is a lite graphic display without a set of pro settings.
6. The specifications may vary depending on actual sound card used.
7. Calibration will be needed prior to working with a specific audio device on a specific computer.
8. The computer must have stereo audio input (line-in) and stereo audio output (regardless of built-in or external) in order to allow the app functioning properly.
9. The app does not have hardware-level control on
sound device. All sound configurations (such as sample rate, bitdepth, channel map and I/O gain) must be done with the standard tools provided by the Operating System.
10.Relatively faster computer with less busy multi-tasking workload is recommended.